Saturday, July 31, 2010

Make this easy Awning!



Notice the difference with adjusting the angle of the pvc pipe. The awning is lightweight enough not to require any securing of the pipe.







Just sharing an idea I have in my little shop...it's a simple awning design...the material is wrapped around a simple 1" square wood dowel and a rod pocket put in toward the bottom. In the rod pocket I use pvc pipe cut to the width of the material, two pvc elbows and two shorter pieces...the length of those pieces really depend on the look you prefer. If you want more drama a length of 8-10 inches may suit you, if you want less obvious you could try 4-6 inches...the pictures also show that you can change the angle of the pvc on the wall to try different looks...create your own bistro! You can also do this with a curtain valance as well...Give it a go...share pics!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Your a massuese?! I used to be a massuese TOO! Do you have man hands like me?! I quit when I had to come home and clean up after the little people after a full day of work, and I was EXHAUSTED! wowowowow wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I missed your comment until now! Small world, eh?! I don't think I have man hands but I do have strong hands and I'm tall and not small-framed either! Been doing it as a business since 2001...helps to support my crafting habit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment!. I can also be contacted at lkc2691@gmail.com