Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blooming Aloe Vera!

Well, this isn't one of my personal designs...but a special gift from the Greatest Designer in the universe! This was the first time I have seen a common aloe vera houseplant bloom so wanted to share the pictures.

July 5, 2011







This shot was taken June 24, 2011.



I told the gentleman that gave my the start of this aloe that it was blooming and he asked me what I did to make it bloom.

"I don't know! But, apparently neglect serves it well!"

I had moved several houseplants to our office so the aloe has had a diffused northern exposure for several months so that change of environment may have made all the difference. Whatever the reason, I've been excited to share this special blooming moment!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment!. I can also be contacted at lkc2691@gmail.com